August 19, 2008

First day

Summer break is officially OVER, I'll miss it deeply :(

Well, I had my first day of school today. It was only a half day tho w/ 4 periods (1, 4, 5, 7), and since 4th period is lunch (upper classmen) & 5th is my free period, I only had 2 classes today, so it was all good :) But I'm not really here to talk about everything that happened today. Just this particular moment during 1st period, AP Calc BC, which is a good ol' class of 13 students in room A, an isolated classroom away from the main campus, near the baseball field & right next to the weight room. And that's where I have to go for 1st period everyday...
But anyways, in class we were just going around the room sharing summer stories and the best & worst parts of our summer. Everyone would be crackin jokes and having some good laughs along the way. Then came my turn, and I said, "Well one of the best parts of mine was, towards the beginning of summer, I was baptized."

Then the whole room went silent.

And I mean, complete silence. No one knew what to say.. And I just sat there, waiting for some sort of reaction.. Til the teacher finally acknowledged me and the silencing effect I just had on the room, and also congratulating me for the baptism, which was nice. But wow, this one was kinda hard to interpret. I mean, why? Was the silence a good sign or a bad sign? What ran through my classmates' heads, if anything? Idk, it was just kinda weird, but I'm glad it happened and I'm glad I was able to share that w/ them. I mean, having said that, I actually feel a little more comfortable talking about my faith w/ these people cuz now they have more of a sense of the person I've become. So, despite the silence, I find it as a good step for me. Good way to start off the year.

No comments: